By Carolyn Belardo
The Thanksgiving holiday means quality family time for many people, and Dinosaur Days offers just that opportunity for kids, their parents and grandparents. We’ll celebrate dinosaurs and their closest living relatives—birds—at this three-day event Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 28, 29 and 30.
Dinosaur Days are free with regular museum admission or membership. And there will be chocolate. Read on.
Here are some of the fun and engaging activities planned.
• Talk turkey with our experts.
• Touch real fossils.
• Play Dinosaur Detectives at 1 p.m. each day
• Learn about our live animals at Academy Animal Ambassadors shows at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day.
• Participate in an interactive dinosaur story featuring a live animal at 2 p.m. each day.
• Make a dinosaur craft to take home.
Now for the chocolate.
A special hot chocolate bar featuring exotic kinds of cocoa and delicious toppings will be available from noon to 2 p.m. each day. Just in time for the cold weather, the warm beverage bar coincides with our current exhibit Chocolate: The Exhibition. You’ll find even more chocolate in the exhibit!
For more information, visit our Dinosaur Days page.